• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Terry Reigel

Terry Reigel
  • Moderators
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

Dave,

I have 128,000 citations to 4500 sources, and don't see any performance issues. Maybe you have many more Sources? I suspect that if they came from your Ancestry tree each Source that's cited multiple times, like census, appears as a separate Source in TMG. If every citation creates a separate Source I can see that the MSL would be a problem.

You can find the people linked to a Place entry in TMG by selecting that Place and clicking the Events button. That produces a list of event tags using that Place with the Principal(s) listed.

Terry

See my Tutorials and Articles on using TMG at tmg.reigelridge.com

The Second Edition of my book, A Primer for The Master Genealogist, is still available
. For more information see my website.

#22 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

When Ancestry creates new citations from hints, it does not create a source for each citation. It basically lumps sources and differentiates the details in the citations. For example, my test project has one 1850 US census source with five citations. Each citation was added one-at-a-time from hints. 

#23 DaveR

DaveR
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

Terry,

I pulled the tree into Second Site (taking the defaults and limiting it to BMDB).  Second Site automatcally included clickable links to citation images (e.g., census pages) so that pirt looks like it will work.

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users