Sign in to follow this  
beetle3247

Printing Issue with 9.01 - Error Codes

I installed version 9.01 from disk and after backup/restore from v7.03 I thought I would look at the reports. First of all I checked to make sure the Printer Setup was correct and saw that the "Windows default" radial was on. Then I produced a "Descendant Indented Chart", which was created just fine, and I clicked on the Print button in the upper left - nothing happened. I checked my printer queue and there was nothing there. I tried again with the same result. I closed TMG, reopened, went through the same steps and still nothing. Then I looked at the destination of the report and the "printer" radial was on; checked the "Properties" and my printer was there - still nothing. Then I did something which I cannot remember what it was (sorry), but now when I attempt to "Create Report" I get the error message "OLE err code 0x80040154: Class not registered." When I click on "Ignore" everything goes away and I start over. When I then click on "Cancel" another window opens that has the error "Unknown member ROPROTECTMAN." When I click on "OK" from there another window opens where I'm supposed to find some *.dbf table to load and I can't cancel that operation nor stop TMG unless I use the Task Manager.

BTW, other apps are printing just fine, so it's not the printer nor Windows.

Help!!

The printer button on the Screen Preview screen didn't work in v9.00 but that supposedly was fixed for v9.01. However, I just tested and it doesn't work.

Try printing from the Report Definition Screen. Or creating a report to a word processor.

Ahhh. That's what I did to get the error messages. When in the Report Definition Screen I select "Printer" the errors show up. When I select "Screen Preview" then click on the printer button in the upper right is when nothing happens. Looks like something is really amiss here. Can't believe that wasn't tested before roll-out. Does WhollyGenes know about this?

It's an OLE registration issue. Here's how you fix it. This fixes both the Screen Preview and RDS printer issues.

These steps 2-4 might not work. The file is "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe". You can navigate to the system32 folder using Windows Explorer and select cmd.exe and right-click and select 'Run as administrator' and then proceed with step 5.
1) Close TMG
2) Click on the Windows button
3) Type "cmd" (no quotes) in the "Search programs and files" field.
4) cmd.exe should appear at the top of the list. RIGHT-click on it and choose "Run as administrator" (very important!)
5) Type: "cd \windows\syswow64" (as always, no quotes) (or "cd \windows\system32" for a 32-bit system) and press enter.
6) Type: "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll /u" and press enter. You should get a message that it succeeded.
7) Press the up arrow and the previous line should be repeated. Hit twice to remove the "/u"
(or type "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll" from scratch) and press enter. You should get another message that it succeeded.
8) Type "Exit" and press Enter to close the window (or click on the X if that works)
Now you should be able to print from both screens. This resolved the issues on my system.

It's in the SysWOW64 folder on my system. Is the command prompt showing that it's running in that folder? You must be in the correct folder (or use full paths).

The full path is: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cdintf400.dll"

Or in system32 if you are running a 32-bit operating system. "C:\Windows\system32\cdintf400.dll"

The "Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4" is installed, right? If not, install it from TMG (File/Printer Setup).

Yes, I checked to make sure the folder was correct before I typed the command. I am running a 64-bit system. Should I uninstall TMG and then reinstall? The original installation gave no errors. I got a cd, not a download, of TMG v9.01.

Reinstalling never hurts. You can also run the installer and select 'Repair'.

I've told you everything that you need to know and have no other ideas. Like I said, I fixed the issue on my system exactly as I described above.

The printing is using the PDF driver. The screen preview is a PDF file. TMG8 and TMG9 work completely differently than TMG7.

OK, I'll do it. Or at least attempt to do so. BUT, if that's the way TMG is now working, why isn't it installed by default?

I did that and it seemed to correct the problem, since I can now print a report. And, I now saw the installation warning "again" that asked if I wanted something from a company name "Am---" to install software on my computer. I now remember I saw that yesterday while either v9.01 was being installed or some other time and I responded "NO" because I had no idea what that was. Maybe others let anybody install software but I do not. Maybe Wholly Genes should inform the users that this would happen upon installation of the PDF printer, etc.

Thank you, Jim, for your quick help.