Sign in to follow this  
Kees Hessels

Declare DLL call caused an exception 1014 GBMAIN

After installing succesfull (the second try) the latest (9.01) TMG-version. i tried to create an new project, importing a Legacy 8 fdb-file.

At 36% person-information-import i get the "Declare DLL call caused an exception 1014 GBMAIN"-error, with no further clue. TMG locks.

Can someone help?

First of all, import of the Legacy 8 database is not supported and that's probably the cause of the error. You'll need to try a Legacy 7 database. And I don't see any way to make a Legacy 7 database from Legacy 8 unless I'm missing something. Neither Save as... or Export provides a way to select an older Legacy database version.

You'll probably need to make a GEDCOM and I would try the GEDCOM type as GEDCOM 5.5.1 (that might make problems) or Generic.

The bottom line is that transferring the data is going to require a bit of experimenting.

Make sure that you do the import from the TMG Welcome screen, not from the File menu.

I am also trying to import a Legacy v8 database, even the sample database returns an error. I specifically am getting the error "Declare DLL call caused an exception 1023 GBMAIN".

I saw your response Jim, saying Legacy v8 is not supported.

Is there any plans to add support for the Legacy v8 format?

I was specifically hoping to regularly import my legacy v8 databases just like I did with Legacy v7.

I can try the GEDCOM import option as you suggest but I am worried about loss of fidelity with that approach.

Would you say I should expect an equivalent import with GEDCOM? or is there most likely going to be a loss of information as compared to a native Legacy import?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Occhio Orsini

I am also trying to import a Legacy v8 database, even the sample database returns an error. I specifically am getting the error "Declare DLL call caused an exception 1023 GBMAIN".

I saw your response Jim, saying Legacy v8 is not supported.

Is there any plans to add support for the Legacy v8 format?

I was specifically hoping to regularly import my legacy v8 databases just like I did with Legacy v7.

I can try the GEDCOM import option as you suggest but I am worried about loss of fidelity with that approach.

Would you say I should expect an equivalent import with GEDCOM? or is there most likely going to be a loss of information as compared to a native Legacy import?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Occhio Orsini