Sign in to follow this  
Michael1001

MASTER SOURCE LIST

I recently imported my data from Family Tree Maker. When I look at the "Master Source List" I see a list of ten sources, two of which have been cited over a hundred times.

Is there a way for me to identify the TAGS that cited these sources?

Michael,

Yes. Use the List of Citations report. Use a filter like:

Source Number = Equals [?] End

You could put the actual source number in the filter, but by putting in the " [?] " code you are prompted when you run the report to enter the number, letting you use the same filter for many different sources.

I find this report so useful I have added it to my custom toolbar so I can run it with a single mouse click.

Thank you, Terry. I have successfully used your suggestion using a filter to select a particular source.

(btw- I am new to TMG. I did buy your book. There are, obviously, a lot of topics not covered there, but the one that I suggest for your "next" edition would be a discussion of customizing ancestor and descendant trees.)

You're welcome, Michael.

When you say "ancestor and descendant trees" you mean the box charts? There is a little on them on my website, and two chapters in Getting the Most out of The Master Genealogist. It is now available only in PDF format, on the Wholly Genes Store.