Hi!

Just installed TMG 9.01. So far so good.

By some reason Configuration _files and Timesline files did not copy.

- Configuration_files folder file was complitely empty (In backup setup all reports is selected)

- Timeline folder included only default files. I have made my own timeline files and my folder includes only that. And in backup setup this point is checked but dimmed.

Now I am worried if backup is missing something else as well?

Peter

Hi Peter,

In Step 3 of the Backup Wizard there are separate checkboxes for "Timelines" and "Backup/Restore configurations". I think "Timelines" by default is not checked even in the standard "full" backup configuration, and the "Backup/Restore configurations" is not checked if you select the standard Project (only) configuration.

I am guessing that when you did the backup you did not have these two items selected/checked to be included in the backup?

Now I am worried if backup is missing something else as well?

It will be missing whatever you did not check to be included, which could be several other things.

Thank You Mike!

Nope, that is not the case. In step 3 all those are checked (Only few unchecked ie. Spell checker, States and Colornames).

However, "Timelines" is checked but DIMMED. I can not change it. Wonder what that means?

If I recall this right had the same issue before when upgraded to TMG8. I am an IT guy myself and I use cheduled automated backup daily to external disk. I have this software configured the way that I take a backup of TMG8 Configuration_files and Timelines. Most probably because seen this issue before. Now do a separate back up of TMG9 files as well :)

Peter