kidhazy

Can't edit tag sentences globally

I've recently upgraded to V9 and now find I can't edit sentence structures for my tags globally.

I go into Tools -> Master Tag Type List -> (select a tag to edit) -> Edit -> Roles & Sentences

I then notice all the sentence structures on the right hand side are all blank, regardless of whatever tag or role I select.

(I do see the sentence structure on the Tag Type List screen, but not when I go into Edit the tag)

I can update the local tag structure when I select a tag for an individual person, but I can't change the global structures.

Anyone else noticed something similar in V9 ?

Thanks,
Dean.

Edited by kidhazy

The default sentences are English (US) (unless there are translations in other languages).

If you are editing in English (UK) (for example), the sentence fields are blank because the English (US) sentences are being used. If no sentence exists in a given language, the program uses the English (US) sentence.

If you add a sentence to the English (UK) field, then that will be used rather than the English (US) sentence.

Is this the explanation for what you are seeing?

I'm having the same sort of problem.

I have no sentences shown for principal and witness in the Edit dialog.

I can type/paste a sentence structure in one or both places and then click OK.

The Edit dialog closes and the Master Tag List shows my sentence entries.

I click Edit again. The Edit dialog opens and there are no sentences.

If I type in my sentences and click the rebuild all button my sentences I just typed in disappear.

If, while the above is happening, I edit the "reminder" it accepts it and it doesn't ever disappear.

The custom tags were created in an old version of TMG (probably 6).

I imported the database from TMG7 to TMG9.

I had never added the sentences in TMG6/7

I just went back into TMG7 and the old database and could add sentences without any problem.

Also, in TMG9 I cloned the two tag types and had no problem adding the sentences to the cloned tags.

It looks like that when I imported the database with no sentences defined it corrupted something that is keeping TMG9 from storing new sentences while letting it update the Master Tag List dialog somehow.

I discovered this problem via Second Site. It gave me an error message saying there was no sentence for principal every place these two tags were used.

I'm sure not going to like it if I have to re-enter all those tags (97)

One thing I can't do is install a patch in TMG9 and then re-import the TMG7 database because I have added new people to the TMG9 version.but more importantly I have edited entries for people that have been in the database since version TMG5.

Really would like a magic wand.