Paul Lawrence

9.02 Error after running VFI

Upgraded to 9.02, ran VFI which completed. When closed completion window got message

ErrorMarker: Numeric overflow. Data was lost. 1084 FRMDETAILS.CNTEVENTLIST.MPREPAREEVENTS3

Was data actually lost and how do I tell what was lost?

Aborted out of message and TMG was locked up. All menu items grayed out. Tried Centering Current Window with no results, had to CAD and end task.

Follow up to above. Restarted TMG and now everytime I switched to another individual I get error message

ErrorMarker: Numeric overflow. Data was lost. 1084 FRMDETAILS.CNTEVENTLIST.MPREPAREEVENTS3

Click Ignore and can continue

Open a tag and and click OK can continue.

Click Cancel in open tag and no problem

Am going to restore from backup.

More followup

Restored from last backup in 9.01.

Was switching between individuals trying to get a handle on another problem I am seeing but have not reported as of yet and after making a few switches starting getting error again

and again getting when opening a tag and click OK

Have to go away this evening so I am not going to be able to do any further research on this until tomorrow.

I too am getting the above error. Yesterday morning I updated from 9.01 to 9.02. I tried to change from my father's record to my brother's record. I got the above error, and the screen showed the focus was my brother's record, but all of my father's tags were showing on the screen. I had the option of "Abort", "Ignore" and "Retry", I selected "Abort" as it was the suggested button on the screen. This did not solve my problem.

So then I went through the following steps:

I ran VFI

I ran Optimize

I re-booted the computer, started up TMG again, and again had the same error message.

I then un-installed Version 9.01, re-installed Version 9.02, my computer remembered my Serial Number and I did not have to re-enter it, but I was still getting the same error message, and I shut down my research yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday, as in the past, I was running Norton 360 and DropBox. I have never had any issues in the past installing the TMG program with these programs running.

I am waiting for a response to this error message either here on the Forum or in the TMG Mailing List (hosted by Rootsweb), as I have seen that there are other users that are also getting this error message.

Rita Konzal

Colfax, WA

Several users have been helpful in providing example projects to the developers which demonstrate this error. As I understand it, the developers are working on identifying the cause and testing possible fixes, but no word yet on when an update will be available.

Michael:

Thank you for the update. It is very comforting to know that the developers are aware of the problem and are working on it.

When I started having this problem yesterday morning, I hoped this would be the case, and as always, TMG is on top of things!

I am going to suspend my research until this issue, and probably others, are resolved. I am just one of those users that would rather wait than cause other problems in my file.

Rita Konzal

Colfax, WA