Sign in to follow this  
MLPBailey

Missing .dbf files

When I attempt to run optimize I get a a series of error messages that n.dbf does not exist, or sometimes that nd.dbf does not exist. Reindex data sets When I try to reindex, it says the project is open elsewhere. Then a message Alias BASE is not found. The project will then not open at all and I have to restore from a backup.

This has happened intermittently since I installed TMG 9.01 last month, and it is getting old!

Why is this happening?? Should I re-install the program?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mary Lou Bailey

No other problems with other programs....this is a new computer, about 2 months old. I think some of the file structure got scrambled during a restore from Carbonite My computer tech son spent a couple of hours going over it and made some changes today. I finally got a backup to restore last night about 2 a.m. by opening it on my old computer, running maintenance, then renaming the project folder on the new computer, and doing a restore under the new project name. Don't know why this worked, but it seems to be running o.k. today. Will be cautiously pausing to make backups every few hours for a while.

If you use Carbonite, I believe it runs in the background to automatically backup your files for you. If Carbonite is monitoring the TMG folders, it can cause problems with TMG by accessing/checking the TMG files while TMG is running. I presume there are configuration choices to select which folders Carbonite will and will not monitor for backup. Avoid monitoring the TMG folders. Instead do backups within TMG and then copy the resulting TMG ".sqz" backup file to a different folder which is one Carbonite monitors and backs up.