John W Van Dyke

Version 9 is still not working

Hi Everyone,

I'm just not sure what seems to be the problem with TMG Version 9. I wish there were a way to take a current project and return to, maybe version 7.0. I have deleted the Version 9.03 several times, rebooted my computer many times, downloaded the file from WG web site, tried to restore any of my backups and now I get, "Some one else is using the selected project and it is not possible to restore it"!

I start to get bad thoughts about TMG final version.

John

My sympathies, John, for your continued problems. As you seem to be somewhat unique with the specific problems you are having, and you have tried everything I could think of, I am still convinced it is something with your particular system, but am out of new ideas. There was a post somewhere awhile back by Jim Byram detailing the steps to completely clean your system of all remnants of TMG before doing a new reinstall. I am busy today, but you might search for that here on the Forum. If you don't find it, I will try to look for it tomorrow.

Hi Michael,

I have even tried the reformat my hard drive and install TMG. My additional issue is, it seems if I get the system working at all, and delete a person, and try an "Optimize" I get a ".dbf" can't be found. Then, I have to "restore" again. I've tried other avenues, I get a "npv.dbf" doesn't exist. 476 REINDEX DATASETS. I'm going to try to REFORMAT my hard drive "AGAIN" and just install TMG.

John

Edited by John W Van Dyke

Hello Everyone,

I just want to say, after a complete hard drive format, re-install basic OS Windows 7, TMG (so far version 8) I have had NO PROBLEMS. HORAY!!!! iI AM SLOWLEY RE-INSTALLING programs and checking TMG to see where or what might be the cause. So far, I have not updated any Windows stuff and without any virus protection.

All for now,

John

John,

If I were you, I would upgrade to TMG version 9 BEFORE you modify your OS further. Convince yourself that Version 9 works correctly on your clean system, before you add any other programs, and then watch what other program causes TMG to have problems. In my mind your goal is, or should be, to get TMG Version 9 working smoothly.

John -

Michael makes a good point. TMG v8 and v9 are independent of each other - there is no need to install v8 first, then v9. Install TMG v9.03 first, before any other programs and run it - looking for your usual errors. After each program you add, run TMG v9 - and again check for errors. That will pinpoint the offending program, if there is one.

Virginia