kaye

Death showing in report as "dea."

Version 8.8

I have never had "dea." for death in reports before. marriage is m. and birth is b. I cant seee how this can be changed in options.Can anyone help please?

Edited by kaye

The abbreviation for the Death event is set on the General tab of the Tag Type Definition screen. By default, the abbreviation is "d.".

What report are you running and what setting is used so that abbreviations are used?

The abbreviation for the Death event is set on the General tab of the Tag Type Definition screen. By default, the abbreviation is "d.".

What report are you running and what setting is used so that abbreviations are used?

Hello Jim

I am running a descendant indented chart. What do you mean by< what setting is used so that abbreviations are used?>? I just use send to word and file name. Nothing different.

In the general tab I just have report title, output language, number of generationsand blank sureity and no threshold. The only other field to change is the name and address of the sender/creator of the report. No other fields relate to tags.

Under tags I just have birth death marriage buria ticked. I cant see anything that shows me what abbrieviations I am going to get with this chart. I just know it is never dea. I dont kow much about this version. Has it changed?

thank you

Did you check the tag type definition for the Death tag type?

I ran the default report and the abbreviation used was "d.". I suspect that this is the abbreviation from the tag type definition.

Kaye

Go to the Master Tag Type List and click on the Death tag type. Change (edit) the Abbreviation to d.
or
Rightclick on a Death tag in the Details view of any person and select 'Edit this tag type' and make the change there. Note that you want to edit the Death 'tag type' (not just 'tag') so that all instances of that Death tag will be changed to d.
Virginia

Thanks for the extra information Virginia. I was able to change it.

"like this" button. Also there is a fault on the site .I logged on and went to your answer and clicked on "like this" button and I got a pop up message saying You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day". I have only just turned the computer on and havent used like this before and havent been on the site for months. I realise "today" may be yesterday for me but never used it.

kind regards

Edited by kaye

Kaye,

The descendant indented chart uses the Abbreviation from the Tag Type. As Jim says, look at the Tag Type definition of the Death tag type.

Many thanks Terri. I needed the extra info on this which Virginia supplied.

Did you check the tag type definition for the Death tag type?

I ran the default report and the abbreviation used was "d.". I suspect that this is the abbreviation from the tag type definition.

Thanks Jim

I needed extra info that Virginia supplied. I am a basic user even though I have had it since version 4.