LeMans844

Preferences in trial version

I am just having a look at 9 and am unable to set preference for primary tags to bold - it just sticks using the *

preferences > Program Options > Tag Box

Is this because its the trial version?

There actually is no 'trial' version. That's the full program and it's unlocked for the first 30 days.

I have no problem setting primary to bold (although I normally use the * for primary).

In Preferences, try clicking [Apply] before clicking [OK] (although that should make no difference).

Virginia... any other ideas? Interference by an outside program?

I have not found a way to reproduce the problem.

Are you using the Sample project or a new project of your own? If a new project, does Bold work in the Sample project?

Did you install TMG using all of the default paths?

Are you using TMG with Dropbox or another cloud service?

Virginia

I have reset the preferences to default and then was able to modify back to the way I like them and this has worked - although the age column intermittently unselects itself

Dave

Dave -

The age column needs to be saved with the layout. From Help:

"Note: When you make selections that affect the appearance of the Person View / Tag Box such as adding or removing display columns, you will need to save those changes by creating a custom layout or by saving your current layout if you are already using a custom layout. If you do not save your changes, the layout will revert to its current settings the next time that you exit and restart TMG."

You can have any number of custom layouts - say for specific tasks. For more info and examples of layout customizations, see the favorite layout thread here: