Patt

Problem printing from print preview

Hi,

I'm having problems getting a FGS to print because of paper size & orintation problems. It was suggested on the TMG list to change the printing settings before opening TMG. What I've done is.

Open devices and printers, right click on my default printer (an HP laser printer), select printing preferences. It shows letter size paper and portrait orientation

Open TMG check printer setup. It shows letter size paper and portrait orientation.

Select FGS report, create report, click print. I then check preferences which shows paper size A4 and landscape orientation.

Does anybody have any ideas of what I can do?

Patt Ricketts

Patt -

I reported this in April of 2012, but it never got fixed. There were just a few of us on the TMG list that had the problem. My Epson inkjet still defaults to A4 (8.2 in. x 11.6 in.) in TMG 9.04 - but Portrait, so printing it on 8.5 x 11 paper I can adjust the margins and it looks OK. Having it stuck on Landscape is a real problem. You could print to pdf or rtf and change the print setting there.

Virginia

Patt -

One more thing to try:

In the Printing Preferences / Advanced option on the last screen before you print- under Paper & Quality Options, try 'User Defined' - the last option on the iist. Set the orientation to Portrait and set the paper size to 850 and 1100.
Virginia

Virginia,

Thanks for the suggestions but nothing worked. But, I tried again today and realized there was also a printer properties in the report definition screen. I had checked the windows setting and the settings from the printer print screen, but checking the preferences in the report definition screen held the portrait/letter setting. So had least I have a work around now.

Thanks for you help

Patt