Sign in to follow this  
Snowflake

Delete TMG5 from computer

I'm currently using TMG7 and also have the latest full version of TMG8 on my computer. Is it safe to now delete the TMG5 program from my computer since I had transferred my projects to TMG7? I want to make certain this is a safe thing to do before I go ahead and start using TMG8.

Thank you for your help.

JR

If the TMG5 installer asks you if you want to uninstall shared files, select [No]. That might leave some unneeded system files, but will help to avoid breaking the TMG8 installation.

After you uninstall TMG5, if there is any problem with the TMG8 installation, run the TMG8 installer and select [Repair].

I see it was actually version 6 that I was concerned about. Happily, its all gone and there were no problems.

Thanks again for your quick help. Now to transfer all my projects from TMG v7 into TMG v8.

JR

Of course, if you are bothering to upgrade anyway, why not to V9? Or did not not purchase that while you could?

Some resellers may still have copies to sell.

If you have v9, I don't understand why you are transferring from v7 to v8. If you are determined to use v8, you should use the last v8 release, v8.08. Do not use v8.00 - v8.04.

If you intend to move from v7, you should install and move to v9.04. If you do that, make your backups first and then uninstall v8 before installing v9.

I agree with Jim. I see no value in transferring to an intermediate version. If you are upgrading, go straight to the most current version, V9.04.