KathyMSU

alternatives now or in the future?

I missed the opportunity to get v9, and the version I have is old and won't work with my current Windows 7 computer. I would have liked to continue with Master Geneologist, does anybody know of either plans for something similar to take its place, or the next best product available now?

Go join the TMG-REFUGEES mail list that was created to discuss this issue.

To subscribe to the list, send an email to TMG-REFUGEES-request@rootsweb.com with the word 'subscribe' without the quotes in the message subject and body.

A website with lots of material about other programs is in development.

You can get to the list archives here...

http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/other/Miscellaneous/TMG-REFUGEES.html

This is not a reply, but I can't find any new topic function, so I'll just explain my problem:

I am running TMG8 English version (Gold) and have been very happy with this version.

Anyhow I never got to upgrade to version 9 (due to evidently loads of issues with the update?) and I doesn't want to either...

My problem is, that I upgraded tmy PC from Win 7 ultimate to Win 7 Proffesional and believed I had the code safely stored before i did this, but unfortunately I cant find the current code.

Has anyone knowledge about retreiving this code somehov thus TMG is closing down - apparently completely closed down?

If there is any way to recover my code, please let me know. I'm still evaluating any new programme with facilities like TMG and all suggestions is welcome about this too.

Thanks for any help on 'beforehand' :)

Arne Myklebost:

(arne.myklebost@gmail.com)

I'm not an expert, but if you bought TMG online, I think that you should have received an email with the code? Can you still access your emails?

Can you open TMG at all? If so you can access the code through the Help heading, and then About TMG........

I'm sure that someone with more knowledge than me will reply soon......

Good luck

Just now discovering (after years away) that TMG is no more. I've been using the software since the days of loading TMG via foppy disk...
Is there any way to get current at this point? Or is my 25 years of research and hard work all for nothing? I'm SO disappointed and would appreciate any help that folks could give. I really don't know what to do. I just got a new-to-me laptop running Windows 7 and was going to get caught up this winter. I'm lost. Help!

I had a back level of TMG (ver 8) and waited too long to get the latest ver. from WhollyGenes.

With help from others, I found a copy of TMG 9 Gold for sale at a store in Australia -- Victorian GUM.

You can check their web site at www.vicgum.asn.au

or elsewhere on Forums is a list of other companies thet might have a copy for sale.

wreace

Edited by wreace

Debbie,

Your years of work are not lost at all. Your TMG version may not be current, but it should be very usable as long as your operating system will run it. What version do you have?