tlmccaughn

Fail to register OCX

I upgraded from 9.1 to 9.4.

I got the error message that an OCX wasn't registered and that I should restart TMG in admin mode.

Repeatedly did that and still get same error message..

Uninstalled multiple times and reinstalled and still get error message. Things where working fine in 9.1 except I had some global sentences that I couldn't change.

Now I'm dead in the water.

My TMG 7 version still works but the database is outdated.

'The operating system failed to register an OCX used in TMG.

You need to exit the program and run TMG once as administrator

(right-click on the program shortcut and select "Run as administrator").

After TMG has been started once running as administrator, you can exit

and, thereafter, can run the program normally.'

And I have done that numerous times.

There is no identification of the OCX anywhere? It's hard to offer a solution when you don't know what needs to be fixed.

How did you run as administrator? You selected the TMG shortcut, right-clicked on it and selected 'Run as administrator'?

I followed the directions in the error message.

Thanks for trying to help me. but I don't have much patience.
With this problem and with my other problem of not being able to change sentence structure on two of my custom tags. I'm bailing out on this

Although I own TMG9/8/7 I'm going back to my old reliable TMG6

Thanks again.

I am running TMG 9.5 and today got the following error which was in a warning box:

"The operating system failed to register an OCX used by TMG. You need to exit the program and run TMG once as administrator (right click on the program shortcut and select "Run as Administrator") After TMG has been started once running as administrator, you can exit and, thereafter, can run the program normally."

I did as instructed and once I start running as administrator it prompts me to "unlock the trial version". I then enter my valid serial number and get the following message:

"Registration data is invalid. You will be prompted to register again when you next start the application. In the meantime we will continue in read only mode. Please contact technical support if you continue to have trouble"

Once I click OK on that message we go back to the "The operating system failed" message above so we are in an infinite loop.

Has anyone else experienced this error and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks!

The registration data consists of four items that must be entered exactly as originally received. The most frequent error is entering the wrong email address. You must use the email address from the original registration email.

You also might try running the installer and selecting [Repair] to correct the OCX issue.