tmg-caster

TMG 9 is locking up in Win 8.1 any solutions?

Thanks for responding.

I am not sure what details I can give you. I open my project (small to medium size) and after working for less than 10 minutes, the windows are frozen. The main menu is grayed out, and I am not able to close any windows or the project. I have walked away for an hour or more and when I come back nothing has changed. When I go to the task manger there is no activity. I did upgrade the memory from 8gb to 16gb with hopes that would help but it didn't.

Pat

Sometimes when you open a window in the TMG workspace, it will be hidden behind the other open TMG windows. The hidden window is waiting for a response and TMG appears to be locked up. You can bring the hidden window to the front so that you can respond to it.

Use...

Window menu / Center the current window

Edited by Jim Byram

Pat,

As Jim says, this is usually caused by a window waiting for a response that opened behind another window so you can't see it. If Center the Current Window doesn't help get back and we will find some other suggestions.

Hi Jim and Terry

Thanks for the help. In case someone else has this problem let me share what I found out.

Jim was right, there was a hidden window and everything was locked up and greyed out including the main top menu. I shut down with the Task Manager. I started up again but this time when it locked up I was able to use the center window and the window that was hidden showed up. At this time I was working at home where I have a second monitor hooked up to my lap top. It worked fine until I took my lap top with me to another work place. It locked up on me again. After a lot of thinking about why, I realized the window might be hidden off screen. At home I had the screen stretched across the two monitors. At my new work place I don't have two monitors. I resized my window to fit just the lap top screen and the hidden window appeared. So far I haven't locked up again.

Pat

PS I am a long time user of TMG but new at using two monitors.