Sign in to follow this  
rodmiller01

password will "take"

I am using ver 7.03. I had some issues with two of the "Maintenance" procedures. So, I reinstalled the software. And, yes, as it did recommend, I saved the old install.

NOW, when I try to unlock the TMG it comes back saying that I am not the system administrator. I AM the S.A. Is this fixable?

If not, how do I re-install my old TMG?

If none of the above, can I purchase a workable copy of TMG?

Thanks,

Rod Miller

PLEASE send a reply to poohbear@fulton-net.com

Update: I did an "uninstall' and "repair" and thankfully I am back to the original, unlocked version.

BUT, when I do an "optimize" it looses two dbf files. When I look at the contents of "my project" with explorer I find that optimize creates "temp" files but does not seem to use them to recreate the two dbf files (Specifically g.dbf and npv.dbf).

Ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for the help. My "validate file integrity" works fine. The problem is when I run "optimize".

Before I start I look at the files in the projects folder and there are no *.TMP files. When I try to run "optimize" it crashes with "Alias file_G" and "Alias file _PPV" not found. This corrupts the data and I must "restore" my last backup.

Now, looking at the files in the projects folder and there are 3 *.TMP files. The G.dbf and PPV.dbf are missing (and likely others).

Thanks,

Rod Miller

Thank you

I have tried reinstalling. The problem is that it will not recognize me as the administrator. I assume that because I originally installed TMG on an earlier computer (with a different admin' name?) it will only "know" the old admin' name.

Your thoughts are welcome and helpful.

Rod Miller

The account has nothing to do with installing as administrator. You right-click on the installer and select 'Run as administrator' to install as administrator. If you are not running an administrator account, you will then need to enter a administrator password.

Still optimize will not work. I uninstalled TMG without recovery. I also deleted the TMG folder that contains the "Projects", "timeline" etc.

I reinstalled TMG without reverse backup. This should put a complete and new TMG on the computer.

I registered successfully. I next went to "Sample" tried "optimize" and it worked!

I next restored my backup project and brought it on the screen. Tried to optimize and It crashed saying it could not find e.dbf, n.dbf and p.dbf plus others that I did not note.

I restored a "backup" to a laptop that I installed TMG on many years ago (but never use) and "optimize works there!

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rod Miller