Sign in to follow this  
Leon

OLE Error Code 0x80020006: unknown name

My TMG V9.05 has been working very well for several months with all the updates installed as they were released.

Just over a week ago, 4 Feb 2015, I was attempting to do a routine backup of my project, and the above error message came up.

I thought initially I must have entered something in some part of my data entry and started to review my past entries.

I copied my project from my Toshiba Laptop and loaded onto my old Desktop PC which has the TMG v9.05 on it as well, and the backup worked perfectly.

So on my Laptop I tried the sample project supplied with the TMG v9 Disc; and attempted to do a backup, the same error message came up.

This then proved it was not my data entry that was at fault.

All other functions appear to be working perfectly and I am continuing to use the program, but I would like to be able to backup my data on my laptop.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.

Does anyone have a fix for my problem?

Suggestions gracefully accepted.

Leon

Sydney

Australia

Leon,

A search of this forum shows this same error occurred to a user several years ago. The answer then was that a portion of the TMG program had not been "registered" with the operating system properly. Some other OS upgrade may have interfered recently. I think a "repair" of the program should fix your problem. Right-click on and run the "installer" file with admin privileges and choose the "Repair" option. This file is the most recent version of the full installer file you have downloaded. Hope this helps.

Hi Michael, I thought I had replied to your reply, but I don't see it here.

I would like to thank you for your help; your suggested worked perfectly and we are now able to back up our date once again. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Leon

Sydney

Australia