dorisw

Corrupted projects?

Hi. I am trying to delete some old project files, but TMG will not let me. They seem to have a dual name. I tried deleting the secondary name and it said the file was open and could not be deleted. I tried opening and closing it, and got the same message. I finally manually deleted it using the Windows Explorer (or whatever they call it in Win 8). It no longer appears as a standalone project in the TMG list but the name is still appended to the name of other projects. I tried renaming the projects and now when I try to delete the renamed file, TMG goes directly to the list of programs under TMG 9.

Fortunately, my master project seems to be OK, so this is just an irritant. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thank you.

Doris Wheeler

Hi. I am trying to delete some old project files, but TMG will not let me. They seem to have a dual name. I tried deleting the secondary name and it said the file was open and could not be deleted. I tried opening and closing it, and got the same message. I finally manually deleted it using the Windows Explorer (or whatever they call it in Win 8). It no longer appears as a standalone project in the TMG list but the name is still appended to the name of other projects.

Where is it you see this? And what does "appended to the name of other projects" mean?

Are you using the Delete Project option in TMG - on the top menu: File / Delete Project ? Open the Sample project and delete the other projects from there. Note that each project contains from 80 to over a hundred files - including a .pjc file. With the exception of accents and filters, each of the files in a project has the name of that project with varying file extensions.

Virginia

Thank you, Terry and Virginia. Virginia's trick worked. I was attempting to delete a project from a different one.

Terry, What I meant was that when I open the list of projects (either using File\Delete project or the start menu or from Windows Explorer, I see the project name on the left and way off to the right (I have to scroll to see it) there is a name of another project. That same project name appears "appended" to several other projects. Deleting them from the Sample project works.

I appreciate your being there, guys!

Doris