Sign in to follow this  
Kevod

Report Printing

Hi there . I am new to this forum today.

I am using TMG Gold UK Edition version 7.04.000.

I recently changed my computer and am now running Windows 8 (Not as easy as XP Professional but that is another story)

Before TMG closed down I spoke with them and they advised me how to re-install on my new computer. Everything went well until today when I went to create some reports.

When following my normal procedure for a Descendant Indented Chart I get the following message

WordPort Spawn Error and when I click OK it says

Conversion error # 20:Unknown error-Contact tech support

I have tried various file types without success and all I really want is to get a report in Word so that I can make alterations etc

Please help

Kevin

Wordprocessor output under 64-bit operating systems is not supported by TMG7. This means that you cannot create reports to Word, RTF and WordPerfect.

You can still create reports to PDF but you need to follow the instructions here to get around a bug in the PDF driver...

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?/topic/12005-the-wholly-genes-pdf-printer-driver-and-windows-7-x64/

The reason for the complete rewrite of the report writer for TMG Version 8 was to update it so that reports could be produced on 64-bit operating systems.

Thanks for your responses,

I followed the instructions to get around a bug in the PDF driver without success.

All I get is Descendancy Chart (Not Responding).

I know that I have followed everything correctly because I went back, undid everything and re did it all.

I looks as if I am stuck unless I am able to upgrade to TMG version 8.

Is that still possible?

Regards

Kevin

Wholly Genes sales ended at the end of September. Other dealers had TMG9 registrations but the supply of those appears to have run out.

You should be able to get the PDF driver working. The instructions must be followed exactly.

OK Thanks anyway.

I know that I followed instructions exactly but without success.

Maybe I should get a programmer to come and have a look and see what they can do, otherwise my report printing is finished.

Should anyone know where I could acquire a more up to date version of TMG then please do not hesitate to make contact.

Regards

Kevin

Kevin,

You should contact Harry.Goegebeur via email. He is a TMG dealer in Europe and I think he still has some licenses available for TMG v9:

Harry.Goegebeur@genea.be