Dan Stone

Questions on order of place data in index

I have been unable to figure out how to get the place data to appear in the order I wish in Microsoft Word with the indexes TMG generates.

For example, let's take Seattle, King County, Washington, United States

I would like this to appear in the index generated by Microsoft Word as United States<indent>Washington<indent>King County<indent>Seattle

Instead, I am ending up with output such as Seattle<indent>United States, Washington, King County

Despite trying several different combinations of settings (such as the Largest Element First option, and the various By City (L3)/By County (L4)/By State (L5)/By Country (L6) options), the greatest number of indent levels I've been able to achieve is two, and I have never gotten the index entries to appear in the correct order from largest element to smallest element. I can manually edit the code in Word to be {XE “United States:Washington:King County:Seattle”} and the index entry that gets generated is exactly like I want, but I can't seem to get TMG to generate the code in this sequence. I'm wondering whether I'm not using the correct combination of settings, or whether TMG is unable to produce the output I'm hoping for.

Any suggestions or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan