Sign in to follow this  
Arachne

PC died & lost all - who do I get replacement activation code from now ?

Hello Everyone,

I am writing this in desperation. I have a long-term genealogy project I've been working on for over a decade - but I don't do it all the time as I have an ongoing health issue. I've been using TMG's UK Gold edition since 2005. Last year I upgraded to v8 and was shortly thereafter contacted by WhollyGenes via email and upgraded to the newly released v9. I then had some technical issues and I communicated with a lady from the company to get it fixed - which we did by the end of October! Then in December my hard drive died and I lost EVERYTHING - including all my emails & all of my receipts. I did have a backup of my TMG data files, albeit a few months old, but nevertheless I have them. It has taken me this long to get my new hard drive installed and organize everything. So today (Feb 28th 2015) I tried to contact Wholly Genes and ask to have my activation/registration codes re-issued so I can continue with TMGv9 and my long-term project. Imagine my absolute horror when I found that the company has apparently folded and I am now left in 'limbo'. So I ask, if the company records ARE still available will someone from Wholly Genes please help me so that I may continue my project using a newly downloaded version of the program I purchased a few months ago. That's another thing - where do we get copies from now? I am a legitimate customer, and I have spent hundreds of dollars supporting this company and it's software for many years - I would hope that someone from the company will please provide some assistance. Can anyone help or do I just chalk my decade of hard work using and customising my project in TMG UK Gold version up to history and start over?? I sincerely hope that someone can provide some advice and assistance. Thanks, and Kind regards, MJ Purcell

MJ,

The installer can be downloaded from the Upgrade Center on this site. I understand that unlock codes for prior customers are being provided by the company, if you write to support@whollygenes.com. It may take a while for a response as the company is essentially not operational, but they have responded to other customers. But no telling how long that may continue, so be sure to keep a copy when you get it someplace safe.

Dorothy Turner, who was the support person for Wholly Genes, has the registration records. As Terry said, Dorothy should respond with your registration information if you write to support@whollygenes.com.

Thank you Terry and Jim - you are both very helpful. I really appreciate it. Dorothy was the lady I dealt with to fix my technical issues. Thanks again. Now, finger's crossed...