Sign in to follow this  
Robert Jacobs

PDF printer won't install

I am running TMG 9.05 under Windows 8.1. I cannot get the PDF printer to install.

I have tried adding a new local port in "printer properties" to the object in "Device and Printers. I have deleted cdintf400.dll from the SysWOW64 directory and have had it reestablished by a TMG repair reinstall. I have successfully registered cdinf400.dll via REGSVR32. None of these suggestions, which I have drawn from previous forum posts, have worked.

When I install the PDF printer the Amyuni log box reports that cdintf.dll is in use and can't be accessed; the log goes on to report that the printer has been succesffuly installed -- but it has not. When I attempt to "print" to a PDF file TMG reports that the PDF printer is not installed. It offers to install it, and if I choose that option it just adds another useless version of the Wholly Genes PDF drive to "Devices and Printers."

All additional suggestions will be welcome, indeed, joyfully received.

Thanks to all.

Robert

Sounds like there might be a conflicting PDF driver.

You have removed any copies of the WG PDF Writer v4 and any AmyUni PDF drivers before trying the install, right?

The assigned port under Printer Properties for the driver must be "NUL:" or "nul:". This port will either already exist or will be created by the driver installation.

Hi there, You look like a helpful soul. When I send a report to .pdf it freezes the program. Have tried a dozen times. Now, when I send a report to .doc I get a report full of duplicate pictures. When I try to edit I can do it fine, but when I try to save I get message saying there is not enough memory. this happens for a 180 page report. I thought it meant not enough memory in my computer, but I opened a previous 290 page document and had no problem saving it using save as.

Can you help or perhaps refer me to someone?

Many thanks

Margot Woodrough

Dear Jim,

As usual, you've got it right. The conflicting driver was from Quicken 2015 Deluxe. I uninstalled Quicken, reinstalled TMG, and all was well. When Quicken was reinstalled, the TMG PDF driver still worked, so it looks as though the fix is permanent. Many thanks.

I'd have posted this much eariler, but Charter Cable was out from early this morning until sometime around 3:30 PM. All services were down: internet, TV, and telephone. A neighbor tells me that there was a fire in the sagebrush hills between Ellensburg (me) and Yakima (abt 30 miles south). The fire is said to have burned essential lines of some kind. I haven't been able to verify the tale, but I do know that all my services were down from 6:00 AM when I got up to middle afternoon. It's an odd feeling to be wholly without electronics for nine hours -- I think I've been spoiled.

Thanks again and all good wishes.

Robert

Margot: I've no experience with the kind of problem you mention -- all good wishes for success in getting it unraveled.

It looks as though my enthusiasm was premature. When I started to use the newly reinstalled Quicken it upgraded itself to R4 and trashed the TMG PDF driver. When I att4empt to reinstall it I get Error Code 32 -- "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

As best I can tell from the limited diagnostic tools at at hand is that Quicken 2015, the R4 version, either hijacks or locks cdintf.dll.

Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert