msgeo7

Restoring project from version 4 to version 8

I backed up my project on TMG version 4 and want to restore this backup to TMG version 8, but version 4 seems to be 32 bit and version 8 is 64 bit and will not restore. Please help. I have a friend helping me with this issue and he said to ask the following:

1. Can TMG be loaded in compatibility mode?

2. How to import from version 4?

Thanks

The issue has nothing to do with 32-bit and 64-bit. The problem is you don't Restore a dataset from TMG 4 to TMG 5 or later. Instead you have to Import it. Use File > Import rather than File > Restore.

Terry:

Thanks for the reply; however, I still have an issue. I can only get through Step 2 of the import and cannot go to Step 3. What am I doing wrong?

Are you importing a TMG4 dataset from the full set of TMG4 folders (the installation) or from a stand-alone folder or from a backup?

Finally...got data restored then computer went belly-up. Have a newer computer; new problem...computer will not load TMG software because software is 32-bit and computer is 64-bit. Any solution?

You are talking about TMG8?

That's a non-reason. Most application software programs running under 64-bit Windows are 32-bit. TMG8 installs and runs just fine under 64-bit Windows.

Try running the installer as administrator. Right-click on the installer and select 'Run as administrator'.