srascal

TMGv9 upgrade from TMGv8 registration information not accepted

I purchased TMGv8 via the website about two years ago. Less than a year ago, I purchased an "upgrade" to TMGv9 from the website. I have both my original TMGv8 registration information as well as a new TMGv9 upgrade unlock code. I have done a clean reinstall of TMGv9 and it does not unlock with either of my two codes. Actually, it accepts the TMGv9 code but states that it is for a trial version and has expired. As it stands now, I cannot unlock my version of TMGv9 and am stuck till I can get this issue resolved. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

ADT

ADT,

The most common reasons for failure to unlock successfully are:

1. Use of a code for the wrong version (doesn't sound like your case).

2. Entering the code by typing instead of copy and paste, and making an error.

3. Entering a new email address rather than the one used at the time the code was created - the code is keyed to the original email address.

Unlocking requires three pieces of information... your name, your email address and the registration code. These three pieces of information must be exactly what was in the registration email that you received from Wholly Genes.

The registration information that you received for TMG8 has nothing to do with the information that you received for TMG9. You must use the information from the TMG9 registration email to unlock TMG9.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Since my post above, I have confirmed that my TMG8 name, email, and unlock code are good. This isn't surprising since I was using it for years with no problem. Here's the rub. I didn't purchase a "full" copy of TMG9. Rather, I purchased an "upgrade" at a lower cost. The description from my order confirmation email lists it as "TMG8G9GUP-DL Upgrade TMG Gold v8 to Gold v9 (Download only)."

I don't recall if the "upgrade" replaced an existing copy of TMG8 or was just a regular TMG9 install package. In the notes I kept from the purchase, I listed both my TMG9 AND TMG8 unlock codes with a note that the TMG8 code was "required." I don't recall these detail exactly, but the notes are from right after I successfully installed TMG9.

Another (possibly) complicating factor is that my original TMG8 purchase and the purchase of TMG9 were made using different email addresses. Even so, I have tried literally every combination of name, email, and unlock code (both with a straight install of TMG9 and also after installing and unlocking TMG8.

Any ideas?

The TMG9 installer file will perform a full and complete installation. It does not depend upon TMG8, and does not "upgrade" that version of the software. TMG8 and TMG9 are completely separate standalone programs. The "upgrade" you mention is simply a discounted upgrade "price" which you were able to get because you could prove you had previously purchased TMG8.

For TMG9 you must use the exact name and email address you used for that purchase, and the TMG9 unlock code. Again providing the TMG8 unlock code to WhollyGenes when you purchased TMG9 only proved that you were eligible for the lower price.

Hope this helps.

I wish I could say this was helpful, but I'm still having no luck. I've tried every variation of my name/email(s) that I can think of (not that there are many) and still come up with nothing. I know that I was able to install TMG9 when I bought it in 6/14, so there's something I'm missing. But for the life of me, I have no clue what it is. Is there anyway I can confirm my license information from whatever's left of Wholly Genes, or is that now just impossible?

:-/

ADT

Edited by srascal

You don't have the TMG9 registration email with the information that you need to enter on the unlock screen?

You can email Dorothy and request your TMG9 registration information. You may or may not get a response.

I have the exact same problem.

Received a serial number email from Wholly Genes.

Used that and everything worked for 30 days - then I get a Trial Expiration error.

When I click on the About window - it shows my correct name, correct email address and correct serial number.

I then use my registration email to, again, register the software and get the window confirming my registration.

Then, 30 days later I get another expiration notice.

If you are running Windows v8.0 or higher, the operating system periodically removes the registration information.

You need to run TMG once by right-clicking on the TMG shortcut and selecting 'Run as administrator'. Enter your registration information and unlock. Then exit TMG and run it normally.

This procedure will put the registration information in a registry location where the operating system won't remove it.

Edited by Jim Byram

Problem Solved! (yay!)

After contacting support@whollygenes.com to confirm my license details, I learned that when I purchased TMG9 I accidentally mistyped my email by one letter, hence why I couldn't get it to work. Everything's up and running now.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions! Even though I still can't get over TMG going off the market, I'm glad to know that there's still a community of clever people committed to keeping it working for us as long as possible.

Yours,

ADT