CALGACUS

Problem with TMG v9.05

Hi All,

I'm a long time user of TMG (v5) and decided at the weekend to upgrade to version 9.05(before it was too late). I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a code from Harry Goegebeur, He also advised me to keep version 5 installed (for now) along with 9, and to use "Restore" to import my existing data into 9 from the backup folder.

Unfortunately, although the install seems to go fine as well as the restore, when I try to open my project I get a message: "An error happened when opening the data tables..." and TMG then shuts down. Subsequently, when I start TMG I get the message about TMG starting in Repair Mode, but that doesn't make a difference the same problem occurs and I still can't open the project.

I've tried running Repair from the installer but that just made things worse by TMG subsequently showing a message at start-up reading: "File access is denied C:\programdata\the master genealogist v9\repair.chk 11 TMGAPPOBJ.MFOXFIX"

I've removed v9 from my machine for now, and removed the folders that it left behind (as I saw described elsewhere in this forum), but I am keen to get it working and explore the new features.

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

My PC is a laptop running Windows Vista SP2.

Thanks,

Donald

Send me a TMG5 backup (project files, accents and filters only) for testing. You can send me an email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram

Make sure that you have separated the TMG5 and TMG9 data and make sure that your TMG9 Preferences / Advanced paths have the TMG9 paths.

When you remove TMG5, you will likely need to run the TMG9 installer and select [Repair].