Ken Reese

Sort Date in Tags

Started using TMG V9 Gold.

Using TAGS, the Sort Date is inactive. In V8, could enter a date directly into the Sort Date. Now have to enter a date using the Date window

To expand on Virginia's correct comment, Preferences/Advanced mode allows you to "enter" Sort Dates. The Preferences/Tag box option controls the "display" of whether you "see" the Sort Dates in the Details window. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. You folks got me into the right area. I made sure that "Advanced" and that "Both" were OK. I stumbled into Preferences/Program Options/ Prompts and toggled "Access sort date field". Am on a roll again. I was unsure what kind of Help was still available, Your quick reply keeps my confidence in TMG quite alive. I think my first genealogy program was Roots 3. Thanks.

Ken,

Remember that the column settings, such as the "both" setting, are part of your Layout. In order for that setting to be in effect next time you start TMG you have to save a changed layout. See my article Working with Layouts if you aren't familiar with doing that.