I have V7 of TMG and tried to copy it from a flash drive to a new computer running windows 8.1 and could not get it to work. I now keep getting the screen of the 30 day trial asking me for my serial number which I no longer have. Is there any way to retrieve the serial number? Is there any newer updates that I am not aware of. When I click on the main website link I end ujp on Forums so I am not sure of any newer products or updates.

Thanks,

Jerry Stephens

JerryS4605@aol.com

I have V7 of TMG and tried to copy it from a flash drive to a new computer running windows 8.1 and could not get it to work.

You cannot copy the program itself from one computer to another - this is true for any modern Windows program. You must install it with the installer file. If you found the installer on your old computer you can copy it to the new computer and then run it to install the program.

I now keep getting the screen of the 30 day trial asking me for my serial number which I no longer have.

I'm confused. This is on the new computer? If so, you didn't copy the program, but actually installed it. Is that what you did?

Is there any way to retrieve the serial number?

You can try sending an email to support@whollygenes.com - reports are that they have been responding to such requests, though it may take a while.

Be aware that if your new system runs a 64-Bit version of Windows, as it most likely does, that the report writer in TMG 7 will not produce reports to a word processor.

Is there any newer updates that I am not aware of. When I click on the main website link I end ujp on Forums so I am not sure of any newer products or updates.

Yes, TMG 8 was released 3 or 4 years ago, and TMG 9 was released about a year ago. However sales of TMG was discontinued last Sept. and official support was discontinued at the end of last year. There are some copies of TMG 9 serial numbers available at last report from a dealer in Belgium. His address is Harry.Goegebeur@genea.be