Thomas Cox

Printer Problem

Hello.

I have V9 of the program and have had it for some time now. Until recently however I have not had a need to print any reports. Now a fellow family researcher is asking for some printed reports but the program cannot "find" my installed printer. My printer is a: "HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)" I have gone throuigh the printer setup procedures but have had no success.

Does anyone have any advice on how to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas Cox

The printer is the default Windows printer and works from other Windows applications?

You can't output to Word or RTF or PDF and print from those?

Tom,

I don't understand what you mean by "cannot find my installed printer". What version of V9 are you using? What actions are you doing in TMG to try to select your printer and then print? What error messages are shown following what actions? More information might give one of us fellow users more ideas to help.

Although "Printer Setup" is in the TMG "File" menu, most people leave it's options set to "Windows default", and change which printer is that default in Windows itself. When you open the "Printers" window (in Windows, not in TMG), does it show your desired printer as the Windows default?

When you actually choose a Report from the "Report" menu, the Report Definition Screen only allows specifying "Printer" at that point, which will try to print to the printer set in "Printer Setup" from the "File" menu.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Is this a wireless network? You might check the TMG mailing list archives for similar problems.

In Windows Devices and Printers, is there a green icon on that printer - indicating it is set as the default printer on the rightclick menu?

Virginia