I descend from two siblings. One sibling is shown with the correct relationship of "....grandmother" while the other sibling is shown as "....uncle". Despite refreshing relationships, the error remains.
I have tried unlinking and relinking, and also unlinking and creating a new person as father, then merging the new father with the "uncle" - then the correct relationship is shown but the new person always has the new identity number, rather than retaining the old (and I have tried ticking each before merging ). I need to retain the identity number as it relates to references outside the database.