Sign in to follow this  
norm prince

Events not listed in proper order

I'm seeking help for a problem with the order which events are now shown in the person/family view as well as in the individual person charts. The ver 9 which I have began this past week setting events in strange order and no longer by the date, although at this time it seems to be the census events. Census dates now come bunched as the last events on an individuals chart for some folks and after all the other events but prior to death on others?? It first appeared when I added new dates of death and burial for a child which are shown prior to a census entry when he was still living.

Thank your for any simple advise as I am not tech savey to much of a degree.

norm prince

Norm,

Tags are listed by Sort Date order, not by Date order. Have you looked at the Sort Dates to see what they say?

You have to be in advanced data entry mode to see the Sort Dates. If you are not, you can turn on the Advanced mode from Preferences > Program Options > Data Entry.

Terry,

Thank you for that hint as that appears to be what was wrong with the censes dates. Now my need is to ask myself how did the older entry of the censes get its sort dates changed. Hopefull it is just my senior moments playing games with me. But I will sleep better tonight than I did last night with all the dreadful thought going through my head.

norm

I keep getting program error when I wish to print a report. OLE error code 0x80040154. Class not registered. Is there a way I can correct this problem and be able to print reports?

Enid,

Your issue has nothing to do with events not sorting, the topic of this thread. If you post your message in a new thread (use the "New Topic" button at the top of the main page of the TMG 9 section) with a title related to your problem you are much more likely to get a useful response.