bgarten

Windows 10 and TMG 9

HELP !!!!!!

I just loaded windows 10 and now find myself with a "Trial" version of TMG 9. How did I regress to that point? More importantly, how do I get back to having the open version which I've come to depend on?

John

Select the TMG shortcut and right-click and select 'Run as administrator'.

Unlock TMG and exit TMG when the unlock screen is closed.

Now you can run TMG normally.

I have just installed Windows 10. Initially, everything worked fine, and TMG worked as well. I could open it and input new data without any problems as always.

This morning Windows updated. After that, I tried to use TMG and got the following error message:

ErrorMarker: File access is denied c:\users\richard\documents\the master genealogist v9\logs\registercontrol.log. 13 TMGAPPOBJ.MOCX

I could cancel, retry, or ignore.

Retrying did not work, so when I clicked ignore, TMG opened to my last window, and everything looked ready to go. However, when I began to enter new data or edit old data, I got the same error message, which seems to be generated by TMG itself.

Reading a previous answer, I right-clicked on the shortcut pinned to my tray, but I did not get the "run as administrator" option. I don't know if that pertains to my issue.

I'd be grateful for any help with this.

Thank you,

Dick Norwood

I have a somewhat similar issue:-( My machine updated to Windows 10, and when I try to run TMG9, I get an error indicating MSVCR71.dll is missing. However, the dll IS present on the machine (in the Office directory tree).

Any suggestions on what to do here?

My installer cannot be found on my computer. I get the message: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Then I get a message that the path C:\ProgramData\The Master Genealogist v9 Installer\tmg9setup.msi cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package tmg9setup.msi in a folder from which you can install the product The Master Genealogist v9. At the same time the "preparing to install" window is open.

My installation of TMG 8 on a Windows 10 machine works without problems, except for creating PDF reports.

After first installing Windows 10, I had to run the PDF printer installer within TMG. That runs, but has errors, including a DLL that can’t be installed. Running TMG in administrator mode, I’ve tried the following PDF file converters: the newest Amyuni PDF Converter, CutePDF Writer, and Microsoft Print to PDF.

Using any of those PDF converters, the usual TMG messages are displayed and the small Wait window is displayed. At that point TMG hangs and never proceeds. A 0 size file is creater, and after ending TMG with Task Manager, the file is hung open in a Windows system routine.

Reports are created with no problems when creating Word files.

TMG 9.05 will not install. When running the installer, it immediately crashes and doesn’t display anything.

I got a "string too long message" a couple days after upgrading. Selected ignore and it opened fine. Closed up then went to my exe file and ran that and selected repair. I had to reenter my Serial # and everything appears normal again. Now I need to find the post that tells us how to get it to always open in Administrator mode without getting that message every time.

I loaded Windows 10 onto the laptop as a trial. My database is on my desktop. It did not work so went through the repair process. The program appears to work now but I cannot restore my database to update it. Various error messages appear as I try and I say to ignore them. When it gets to the screen where it is to show progress on the restore it just sits there and then says that it has not restored anything. Help!!!

I have a somewhat similar issue:-( My machine updated to Windows 10, and when I try to run TMG9, I get an error indicating MSVCR71.dll is missing. However, the dll IS present on the machine (in the Office directory tree).

Any suggestions on what to do here?

U can download MSVCR71.dll from here http://fix4dll.com/msvcr71_dll . Then copy it to the folder that you need and reload the computer. It should fix your problem. PS Don't forget to choose the right Windows version (32 or 64 bit).

I upgraded to Windows 10 and my TMG 9 would not work (nor would some other programs). I then reverted back to Windows 7. TMG still wouldn't work properly, so I made a clean install. I am still getting this program error and cannot add anything to my database. This is the program error: 'File access is denied c\users\gary\documents\the master genealogist v9\logs\_help.log. Any ideas to answer this error?

Gary Rolph

Manchester, NH

Was your user account name exactly the same under Win10 as it was under Win7 and under Win7 now?

Have you tried selecting all of the files in the Logs folder, right-clicking and selecting Properties and making sure that 'Read-only' is not selected?

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my TMG9.05 says I have an Expired trial version. When I "unlock to the full version now" with the correct serial number I get the "Registration data is invalid" response. I have I have done the complete uninstall & reinstalled with the lastest installer & run as an admin, but still get the same response.

Please help.

You used all of the correct registration information as came in your registration email?

first name, last name, email address, registration number

You should also unlock by selecting the TMG shortcut, right-clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator', unlocking and then immediately exiting TMG. That will avoid having the operating system remove your registration information.

I do not have the original email; however, I have tried of my name & email address. Cannot unlock.

I have a disk for the TMG 9.0 with a serial number, and the serial number for the downloaded upgrade 9.05.

I tried both numbers, still same problem.

After many permutations of the serial # I did actually submit the correct number and am now running 9.05 under win 10 correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Sherrill Modlin

Registration information for TMG9 works with any version of TMG9. The most common problem is that people enter an email address that differs from the one that was part of the original registration information.

The other problem is it is difficult to type in the long serial number correctly. Once you have it entered correctly, it's best to keep a copy of it, along with the correct name and email address, in a text file in the same safe place you keep your copy of the installer file. That way you can copy and paste it instead of trying to type it in.

I was running TMG 9.04 on my Windows 7 (forgot to get the .05). This morning, upgraded to Windows 10.

Opened up TMG, it wouldn't open. I don't really remember what the screen had on it, maybe an "unlock" screen, maybe not.

Over the past few hours I have installed 9.05 over 9.04 and also a clean install of 9.05.

In every instance, I get the unlock screen.

I complete the form with (as far as I know) the same information I have used w/WhollyGenes for the past decade, including the case (caps or lower case or mixed).

Only the serial # is different, and I used the SN from the 9.04 I installed last fall.

I have opened the usual way, and also as administrator.

In every case, I get a failure notice.

Mostly it opens up as a 'read only' file.

I'm most perplexed about this.

Any ideas?