Shaundm

Worth upgrading to V9 from v7

Is it worth it? Are there many beneficial changes? Obviously I would need to purchase the upgrade before the licenses sell out. Thanks.

Shaundm,

Yes, I think it's worth it. However, that doesn't matter because so far as I know there are no longer any licenses available anywhere. Wholly Genes stopped selling them last September, and everyone I know of who still had some for sale have since sold out.

Is there a list or summary of the changes? I've contacted someone and they have licences and are trying to negotiate more. Worth seeing if worth the investment. I don't want to switch software either so will stick with TMG whichever version it is. Thanks.

Their were detailed webpages describing each new release, but I don't know how to find them now, if they are even still up. I think they were part of the "store" which is now closed. A link I had for them does not now work.

There is a brief list of major features in the announcements for TMG 8 and TMG 9, which is in the Announcements section at the top of this forum. There is a detailed change log for version 8.01 and later available from the Update Center. There is a link to that in the Other Resources section of this forum, but of course that misses the major features added with 8.00.

The change log for Version 8.08, which is the last V8 version and mentions all the changes in V8, is available here

The change log for Version 9.05, which is the final version and mentions all the changes in V9, is available here

Michael,

It looks to me like the first one you reference actually starts with 8.01, and thus missed the new features in 8.00, the same as the other one which includes both changes to v 8 after the initial release, and all of v 9.

You are correct, Terry. These are only the Change logs. Like you I am unable to locate the list of new and changed features published when each version was first released.

However, I also agree with you, Terry, that I find many of the new features and bug fixes in Version 9 an improvement over Version 7.