Sign in to follow this  
terrpn

TMG 9 US Version download link

OK............brain schism here? I sent Harry the funds for purchasing the a new code for US version 9, but the link I I downloaded the file from everytime I install the program keeps telling me I have the UK version and not the US version :ohno:

Can anybody direct me to a good link thatwill install the US version?

Thanks

jim...............you have really went to bat and spoke up for me as I am new to the TMG forum and I thank you.

I did everything as instructed and after deleting the specifiled files, re-install it still says UK version? (I did not download the UK link either)

I just paid Harry today and I am sure will get my code soon. Will entering the code, unlocking the program be the ticket as to why at this point it only opens up in the UK version vs the US version?

I'm pretty computer savy, but this one has kind of stumped me?

Checking the installer. Hang on. The links are correct. The UK installer has 'uk' in the filename.

If you installed the UK version...

1) Uninstall.

2) Delete the two The Master Genealogist v9 folders in C:\ProgramData.

3) Locate this next folder and delete the folder with all contents.

C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\The Master Genealogist v9

(You usually never need to delete this data folder but the UK installation added some things that need to be killed.)

If you created a new project, you'll want to delete that also.

Now use the US installer (tmg9setup.exe) and install again.

(Are you the terrpn on GeekHack?)

yes..............that be me.

will try again doing what you said, I typed in the new SN- but still saying GOLD UK version. I will try again and let you know :unsure: :unsure:

If the procedure above doesn't work, I can describe another way to remove the UK components from an existing UK installation. It'll be the same procedure for the most part with a few changes.

Checking the installer. Hang on. The links are correct. The UK installer has 'uk' in the filename.

1) Uninstall.

(You usually never need to delete this data folder but the UK installation added some things that need to be killed.)

1) Uninstall.

awesome.............worked like a champ and thank you!!

it says GOLD now, so i take it that is the US version.

trying to learn program and all my media stuff am trying to figure how to import?

File / Import

You can import from a GEDCOM and from databases from a handful of older genealogy applications.

Media links will be imported.

You add media using the Exhibit Log. Tools / Exhibit Log or use the Exhibit Log toolbar button. Once the Exhibit Log is open, you can click the [Add] button or drag-and-drop media into the Exhibit Log from the File Explorer.

Be sure to create a custom program layout. The default layout is poor. There are some topics on the forums with many layout examples.

ok...............will try again. i see the exhibit button is where I find them. when I go there the name of the file is there, but the file is missing.

I will get it straight..............

by the way if you are over GH too..................i am typing this on an omnikey with matias quiet switches :wink:

The file paths can be corrected using File / Maintenance / Validate File Integrity and use the external exhibits feature. If the files are in one folder, it will do it. And if the files are in multiple folders, there is a checkbox that gives a recursive search.

Use help for this and for any other program feature. Help is extensive.

Yes. I'm on GeekHack. Interesting that you did the switch change. I always liked the white Alps used by the Omnikey and have a couple of Omnikeys stashed away. I just ordered the KB Paradise v60 (Massdrop) and the v80 both with Matias clicky switches.

Edited by Jim Byram

Jim,

This may be a little off topic, but I have TMGv7. It works fine, as have all the previous versions, but I see nothing on the market to adequately substitute. So I really want the new v9. I've downloaded a trial version onto my PC, but it has now expired. And it now wants Serial Number to continue...

Is there any real possibility to get v9 unlocked and working?

Thanks,

steve white