MikeB

Reports "OLE error code 0x80040154"

I have been running TMG 9.05 on a Win 7 laptop ever since it was released without difficulty. However, now I can not open any of the report generators, I get the following error message "OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered 70 REPORTOBJ.MRUNRPT". The 70 value varies depending on which report I try to open.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and repaired TMG numerous time without fixing the problem. I also uninstalled the PDF printer.Any help will be appreciated.

I followed the instructions for removing the PDF printer and deleting the DLLs and then installed the PDF printer from TMG but, the problem still exist? What really has me baffled is the fact that TMG V9.05 had been running okay for such a long time and I do not recall doing anything to TMG or Win 7 that could have caused my problem. Thanks for the response.

I am receiving the same OLE error code (without the registration statement following, though).

While I can do a screen preview, I can not​ print to a file or any printer.

This is a showstopper to my work.

I first tried to reinstall the printer from TMG's print setup menu. I saw an error Code 32 in the Amyuni Document Converter window in reference to copying cdintf.dll "The process cannot access the file because it is being..." (message was truncated within a window that would not expand).

I then deleted the printer from control panel and verified on the driver page that there is not a corresponding print driver installed. I deleted the cdintf400.dll file as recommended in the January 2012 posting. I reran TMG using administrator privileges and then installed the print driver from TMG's print setup menu. I did NOT get the Code 32 error mentioned above. However, unfortunately, I still get the OLE error code referenced above.

My system:

• Windows10
  • MS Surface Pro 3 / 8gb with >100gb of free space
  • TMG 9.05.0000

Thanks much for any help.

-bs

Limited success Jim.

I do NOT have the TMG PDF printer installed (deleted from control panel devices and nothing showing in device drivers).

I am running TMG as an administrator.

Under printer set-up, I have selected my regular printer. If I try to send a Family Group report directly to the printer, I get the OLE error/class registration message. After ignoring it, I'm returned to TMG. Nothing printed.

If I try to send the Family Group report to a screen preview, I get the OLE error (which I ignore) followed by a "Unknown Member PDF" error (which I ignore 3 times in succession). The preview then shows on my screen as expected. Once I press the printer button in the upper left corner, I get the "Unknown Member PDF" error again...after which I get the normal Windows print dialog and all proceeds as expected.

-bs

Thank you Jim.

Unfortunately. This did not solve my problem. I still get the OLE error when I print to a printer.

Print preview DOES work....but selecting the print button does not do anything.

Other ideas?

-bs

While there has been some discussion as to problems sending completed reports to printers that has not my problem. As I originally reported I can not open any of the report generators/ When I try to open any report tab I get the following error message "OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered 70 REPORTOBJ.MRUNRPT". Since my original post I have upgraded to Win 10 in hopes that might fix my problem. Nothing I have tried has fixed my problem. The inability to generate reports severely limits my ability to use TMG. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The issue is that a control or DLL used by TMG is not registered. In this case, the DLL not registered is cdintf400.dll.

Run the TMG installer and select [Repair].

Sorry. That won't work. My bad.

The DLL is part of the Wholly Genes PDF driver.

Try this... Remove the PDF driver.

Settings / Devices / Printers & Scanners

Click on Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4 and click the [Remove device] button.

When you start TMG again, the PDF driver will be installed. If not, use File / Printer setup... / [install PDF printer]

That should fix the issue.

If not, I can give you a manual registration fix.

Jim,

I removed the Wholly Genes PDF Writer as suggested. Restart TMG but the Wholly Genes PDF Writer did not show as a printer. I then used the File / Printer setup and it appeared to install. However, the Writer does not appear as installed in either Printers&Scanners or in TMG. I have tried to install from File / Printer setup again but, I get a PDF already installed message. Needless to say since the PDF Writer doesn't show up in Printers&Scanners I can't uninstall the PDF Writer if I wanted to. I then used the pdfinstall.exe file to install the PDF Writer and the install.log shows that it is installed but the Writer does not show up anywhere. I am going to reboot but, I am pretty sure that won't solve my report problem.

The Windows 10 location that shows installed printers is...

Settings / Devices and the list under 'Printers & scanners' should show the 'Wholly genes PDF Writer v4' after it has been installed.

If it doesn't, I have no idea what is going on.

We can't proceed to the step of manually registering the DLL if the printer driver is not installed.

Jim Thanks for your patience

I messed around and now have the Wholly Genes PDF Writer showing up in Printers&Scanners and it appears to be installed correctly. However, it still does not show in TMG. I also found a whollygenes 2006 post that describes my problem exactly.

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?/topic/6467-report-errors/

I do not know if the problem was ever resolved since the last post was a recommendation by Virginia Blakelock that I have tried numerous times without success.

You never select the Wholly Genes PDF driver in TMG.

And, again, there is a problem under Windows 10 outputting PDF reports by selecting the Adobe Reader (PDF) 'save to' option(which uses the WG PDF driver).

And you can create a PDF report by outputting to printer and selecting the Microsoft PDF printer driver.

Do you still get the error outputting a report? Or a different error such as in the topic you cited?

Jim, if you follow my thread my problem has existed in Windows 7 and then in Windows 10 so it is not Win 10 specific. While the Wholly Genes PDF Writer may contribute to my problem printing a created report is not my problem. I simply can not open any of the TMG report generators. The following is the sequence of error messages when I try to open a report generator:

"ErrorMarker:: OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 123 REPORTOBJ.MRUNRPT"

Keyboard Input: Ignore

"ErrorMarker: Variable 'GCINIFILE' is not found. 131 REPORTOBJ.MRUNRPT"

"ErrorMarker: File does not exist. 6 TMGAPPOBJ.MREADPRINTERINFO"

"ErrorMarker: Function argument value, type, or count is invalid. 10 TMGAPPOBJ.MREADPRINTERINFO"

"ErrorMarker: File does not exist. 55 GETINIENTRY"

"ErrorMarker: Function argument value, type, or count is invalid. 56 GETINIENTRY"

The last two Error responses repeat 5 more times before the report generator closes altogether. This above sequence happens no matter which report I select.

That's as good as I can described what I am experiencing. Thanks again for you willingness in trying to help me solve my problem.

Edited by MikeB

Mike,

You said:

I simply can not open any of the TMG report generators.

What do you mean by this? The term "report generator" is not a term TMG uses for anything that I know of. Do you mean that you get this error sequence when you simply click on the "Report" option on the Main Menu? Or do get it when you click on any option in the Report menu, such as "Descendant Indented Narrative"? Or do you get it when you try to change to a different "Configuration name" when in the Report Definition Screen? Or do you get it when you try to "Create Report" within any Report Definition Screen? Or when?

It sounds like we may be addressing the wrong issue. What exact action(s) (using TMG's terms) do you do in TMG which triggers this error sequence?

I am sorry if I have misrepresented my problem. The problem occurs immediately when I select any one of the standard reports e.g. "Select Report > Ahnentafel". As soon I select any one of the reports the error message sequence I listed in my last post occurs. Consequently, I never see the report definition screen. I hope this helps

Edited by MikeB

Only the first error message is significant. The subsequent error messages don't help.

"ErrorMarker:: OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 123 REPORTOBJ.MRUNRPT"

This error message is specific and says that the cdintf400.dll file is not properly registered. Since reinstalling the printer driver didn't work, try this manual fix.

1) Close TMG
2) If running the Windows 10 Start menu, right-click on the Start button and select 'Command Prompt (Admin)'.
Alternately, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and select cmd.exe and right-click on it and select 'Run as administrator'.
3) type: "cd \windows\syswow64" (as always, no quotes) (or "cd \windows\system32" for a 32-bit system) and press enter.
4) type: "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll /u" and press enter. You should get a message that it succeeded.
5) press the up arrow and the previous line should be repeated. Hit twice to remove the "/u"
(or type "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll" from scratch) and press enter. You should get another message that it succeeded.
6) Type "Exit" and press Enter to close the window (or click on the X if that works)
See if that eliminates the error.

No, my problem was unaffected by the suggested fix. I preformed the fix twice but, the result did not fix my problem. The last time I even restarted the laptop and ran "tmg9setup_905.exe" repair before testing the fix just to see if it made a difference, it didn't. Sorry I was late in responding but, I didn't notice the page 2 tab so I didn't realize you had replied to my last report.