Sign in to follow this  
gsbrown4

Can't back up or restore. Project file seems broken but it works.

My TMG 9.04 is acting strange.

When I open TMG I get the welcome page and select my project to open. I get the following error window: "Basic data set_pjc does not appear to be valid PJC file"

When I click on OK I get the welcome page again. I click on the X to close it and my project opens. Everything seems to work until I try to backup the project. I go through the back up process to put the backup on a flashdrive. At the end when I think it is done (The widow says backup is complete) I get:

The same message as above "Basic data set_pjc does not appear to be valid PJC file"

I click OK and I get this: “The Project is in use elsewhere” but it isn’t

When I click on OK TMG closes When I reopen it, I get :

“Repair mode has bee activated… It works for a while and then my file is opened again

And I start the loop all over again

When I try to use the backup I have created to restore the file on another computer I get the “The project is in use elsewhere “again. What is wrong? What do I do?

I suspect that your PJC file might be damaged. If you send me the PJC file, I'll check it. I fixed another PJC file last night.

You can contact me by email by clicking the link below.

Jim Byram

Update... The PJC file was damaged. I sent Garry a baseline PJC file that will get his project working.

Edited by Jim Byram