Sign in to follow this  
FamilyHistoryGuy

Gedcom import failure

Hello,

I have TMG 9.05 on Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1. In the middle of importing a Gedcom file to TMG, I got this box:

==============================================

File access is denied

c:\users\david\appdata\local\temp\tmg52850893\tempmfil.fpt 0 TAGSOUR

==============================================

After reading a few messages on this forum, I tried running the installer with the Repair option. It appeared to go well, and when I started the program (run as administrator selected in the shortcut), it asked for my registration data and it was accepted.

When I tried the Gedcom import again, the result was the same (except the 8 digit number in the file name was different). Retry and ignore produced no good results. Abort resulted in the Sample project being loaded.

Does anyone know how this problem can be solved?

Thank you.

David Lowndes

Where does the GEDCOM file reside? If it is on an external device, like a thumb drive or cloud drive, first copy it to the main hard drive. Also ensure that it does not reside in a folder which is automatically being monitored by some background backup program, e.g. DropBox. If so, first copy it to some separate working folder.

Sorry, David, those are the usual issues. Did you check the actual file and folder mentioned in the error message to be sure you had permissions in that folder and to that file? That is the only other thing I can think of. Maybe some other user will have some ideas.