Sign in to follow this  
Franklin G. Mead

The Master Genealogist v8 (and v7) will not recognize valid serial #

I am moving my programs to Windows 7 installed in VMWare Fusion 8 on a Mac. I installed The Master Genealogist v8 from the original installation disk. When I opened the program it asked for the serial number, as expected. I entered the correct serial number, but TMG does not recognize it as valid. I then tried installing v7 to see if it would accept its valid sn. Its sn also was not recognized as valid.

What is going on here? Is there a remedy?

Franklin,

The first suspect is you have changed email addresses and used the new one. You need to use the one that was associated with your purchase of the serial number, and also enter your name the same way.

Thank you Terry. My email address and name have not changed. I seem to have solved this problem: I copied backup the backup files from the old v8 installation. TMG 8 then accepted my serial number???

TMG 8 gave me an error message that these files were from an older installation and therefore will not run. I was able to bring up my project from backup into the new installation. It seems to be running properly regardless what TMG 8 said. Time will tell.

Edited by Franklin G. Mead