Lee

Cannot Restore a Project

TMG v9.05 - Win7 Pro SP1

OK, One I have not run across before.

A friend in NC has a problem doing a Restore of his Project. The project is on a LAN and everything else seems to be working fine. He wants to Restore as he got fumble-fingered and deleted too much. Fortunately his latest Backup is current. When he opens the Wizard, selects the latest Backup, and enters the correct folder to which it should be restored, and clicks on [Next >], he gets the message "Wrong destination path". He has double-checked the file path (selected using the [...] button and browsing) and it is correct. Note that the file path is a network address.

Everything on his network is tied to the username and v9 was installed using default installation. So all addresses inn Preferences have a base UNC of .

I have been able to replicate it by using the Data_paths.txt file to put the data on another computer in my LAN (Sue Ellen's) and checking that all Preferences are set to the UNC address . I can operate just fine, including doing a Backup. But when I try to do a Restore using the Backup I just created, I get the "Wrong Destination path" message.

Any ideas?

Further on this, I set up TMG with DataPaths.txt using UNC file paths/names. Again everything seems to work fine including a valid backup. But again, when trying to Restore the just backed up project, I get the "Wrong destination path" message. I have also tried the DataPaths.txt with the Shared and User Program Data file paths set to the normal C: type file paths. But still get the message. The only thing I can figure is that TMG wants to set up temporary working file(s) and the UNC file paths confuse it.

Lee

I know it's been years since Lee posted this, but I would love to know if it ever got resolved.  I am currently experiencing the same issue.

My situation is I was running TMG 9.05 on Windows 7 running on iMac under Parallels Desktop 13.  Then my iMac had a hardware failure and I ended up with a different iMac.  I r-installed TMG 9.05 only this time on Windows 10 running under Parallels 13.

When I try to restore from an sqz, I get the same "Wrong Destination Path".  Very discouraging! as I have 35 years of research stuck in backups I can't seem to restore!