Sign in to follow this  
John Graff

Can only open TMG v09.03 in READ ONLY mode

I've been running TMG v09.03 since it was released and now I can only open it in READ ONLY mode. I get a window "Unlock the Full Version", click on the "Unlock the full version now" button, get a REGISTRATION window, fill out the data required and then get a "Invalid data" message. Can anyone help me get my TMG operational such that it is always fully functioning?

If you are running Windows 8 or later, the operating system can remove the registration information.

In this case, you need to right-click on the TMG shortcut and select 'Run as administrator'. Reply affirmatively to the prompt and enter your registration information. Then exit from TMG immediately and run it normally.

Your registration information includes a name, email address, and registration number all exactly as received from Wholly Genes in the registration email.

And I'd suggest that you install TMG v9.05. The installer can be downloaded from the pinned topic at the top of this forum.

If you have updated to Windows 8, or more likely now, Windows 10, you need to follow Jim's advise to permanently unlock.

The issue with the number not being accepted is generally caused by:

1. Entering a new email address rather than the one used at the time the serial number was purchased.

2. Using a serial number from an prior version of TMG

3. Manually entering the serial number and making a mistake.

4. Entering a different name than used when you bought the serial number.

Thanks Jim! I was using that procedure, so you confirmed my effort. And thanks Terry! The problem couldn't possibly be "user error" in that I was using my version 8 registration number. Well, I looked around and finally found the version 9 number and "all's right with the world." So thanks again to both of you.