Sign in to follow this  
norm prince

OLE error code 080040154

The program is not letting me open any of my projects and opens only the sample project. I receive the error code shown as the topic title when I attempted to open a new project or close the sample followed by the 72 GETFILEX code.

What do I need to do to get back to my projects ??

Thank you,

norm

This error is typically a PDF driver installation error, not a project error.

Why you would get the error when trying to open a project is a puzzle to me.

I've already answered Norm and my responses are below...

%%%%%%%%%%

> OLE error code Ox80040154: class not registered - 181 APPOBJECT.SHOW

This is a problem with the PDF driver.
This error happens when you try to send a report to screen, printer, or PDF file.
The error occurs because a file cdintf400.dll used by the PFD driver is not registered.

The first thing to try is to remove the PDF driver (Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4) in Devices and Printers and then to reinstall it. It should install when you start TMG but you can also use File / Printer Setup. For more details...
http://www.whollygen...ips/#entry57483

If this doesn't work, you can manually register the DLL.

1) Close TMG
2) If running the Windows 10 Start menu, right-click on the Start button and select 'Command Prompt (Admin)'.
Alternately, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and select cmd.exe and right-click on it and select 'Run as administrator'.
3) type: "cd \windows\syswow64" (as always, no quotes) (or "cd \windows\system32" for a 32-bit system) and press enter.
4) type: "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll /u" and press enter. You should get a message that it succeeded.
5) press the up arrow and the previous line should be repeated. Hit twice to remove the "/u"
(or type "regsvr32 cdintf400.dll" from scratch) and press enter. You should
get another message that it succeeded.
6) Type "Exit" and press Enter to close the window (or click on the X if that works)

If you check the past forum reports of the OLE error, you will find that some users weren't able to resolve this issue Search for '72 GETFILEX'..

%%%%%%%%%%

My instructions do cover WinXP (as well as later versions of Windows).

If you get an error message, only the first message matters.

Your description is confusing. You need to resolve the OLE error and then see if there are different errors in other operations.

%%%%%%%%%%

If the two errors come from different circumstances, you need to clearly describe the context of the '72 GETFILEX code' error. If this error is a second error message subsequent to the OLE error, it has no significance in trying to resolve the problem.

>>> One last thing to try is to delete all of the .CDX files from a project that you can't open and then try to open the project.

%%%%%%%%%%

If you want me to test a project that you can't open, you can make a ZIP file of the project folder and sent it to me. You can send me an email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram

Using Windows 10 and TMG 9.05, a similar problem has arised: It suddenly became impossible to open any projects. The error message reads:

"OLE error code 0x80040154: The class is not registered. 48

TMGAPPOBJ.DOFORM"

Whenever I try to do something from the menu, I get the following message:

"Unknown member AFORMS."

I have tried all of the above, but I still get the same error messages.

Is there any solution to this problem, or do I have to uninstall and reinstall TMG?

- RR.