Sign in to follow this  
Qwan

tmgsetup.exe has been changed to tmgsetup.0xe

Recently Charter Security Suite identified some kind of malware or virus in my tmgsetup.exe file and it changed the file name to tmgsetup.0xe. I can't seem to download the tmgsetup.exe file from the forum. Each time the download fails. I can't delete the .0xe file or change the name because it will only allow the administrator to do either process. I don't recall how to sign in as the administrator. I'm the only person who uses this computer. My program seems to be working fine, but I want to have a copy of the setup file in case I need it in the future.

It sounds like you are trying to rename the file in some privileged location.

Copy the file to your desktop and try renaming it there.

I don't recall how to sign in as the administrator.

You will need to figure this out since TMG, like most programs, requires administrator privileges to install it.

I am the administrator and there is no password. There are no other user accounts. I am logged in as the administrator. I get a message that "file access denied" and that I need permission from "Barb-PC\Barb" to make changes to this file. That is the name of my computer\administrator account.

I can't delete, re-name, or move the file: tmg9setup.0xe. It tells me I need permission from the administrator. I am the administrator and there is no password. I am logged on as the administrator and there are no other user accounts. I've tried multiple times to download a new copy of tmg9setup.exe but every time I get a message "failed - download error".

Problem solved. Reported problem to virus protection program. Used virus protection program to delete the re-named files. I excluded the tmgsetup file from being scanned. I turned off the virus protection and downloaded a copy of the tmgsetup file from a backup copy I had in the cloud. Turned back on the virus protection program. Re-scanned computer and the tmgsetup file is still there and wasn't flagged or changed.