fkdanes

Images - editing

When I try to edit an imported image of a person (resize or crop the image to show only a head shot) the program freezes up. To correct this I have to re-boot the entire program. Is there a way to edit photos in the program or should they be imported in their final intended form? Has anyone encountered this situation?

I don't know about other users, but I do all my image editing outside TMG. I find the TMG image editor very limited, and most other separate image editor programs have a lot more features and capabilities. My impression from comments of other users in the past is that most others feel the same. If you do not already have an image editor you like, you might consider the free program "Irfranview" which has been recommended by several users.

By the way, I do know that the final version 9.05 of TMG does still have at least one known bug in the image editor which I have included in my list of outstanding bugs. But I was unaware of any action in the editor that freezes the program. I will try to reproduce it and add it to my above list of known bugs.

Hope this is helpful,

If you want to resize images for subsequent use in Second Site or other output you might consider to use John Cardinals TMG Utility V 7.3 (Exhibits -> Exort Images ...). This is a convenient way to resize all Images in one run.