Sign in to follow this  
fkdanes

Printing Charts

I am trying to print some descendant box charts for one part of my tree and it looks like it will be a large report (perhaps 20 pages with significant wasted space). It looks as if Visual Chartform (VC2) will give some flexibility in editing and adjusting the output on the paper. However there do not seem to be any instructions and the help screen does not work. Is this option still operable? The JPEG and Bitmap outputs do not seem to meet the needs for larger reports. Any other options?

The VCF2 help file is updated. VCF2 just doesn't support the updated file. VCF development ended before the help file was updated for TMG7.

The file is here...

"C:\ProgramData\The Master Genealogist v9\vcf2.chm"

Make a shortcut to it so that you can open it outside of VCF.

You want to use PDF for exported charts that you take to a service to have printed. If you are running Windows 10, you can use the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' driver.

There is a huge amount of information in the VCF forum where you should have created this topic.

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?/forum/18-visual-chartform-and-chartform-delivery/

Use the Custom / Time frame / Show All option to show the hidden topics. (in the blue bar)

I was thrown because on my program it just says VC2, I thought that maybe there was a newer version. In any case, I'm up and running, I LOVE IT!!!

The version of Visual ChartForm included with TMG9 is version 3.2 released 1 Sep 2007. This VCF version has been included with TMG versions 7, 8 and 9. The program had to be updated with a binary editor to fix the TMG version check so that it would work with TMG8 and, again, for TMG9.

As I work with VCF, I become more and more impressed with what it can do. However, unless I've missed it, is there a way to create a box chart for EVERYONE in my project? Not just direct descendants, but their spouses, siblings and children.

VCF does not produce an "veryone" chart. Depending on the number of people and their relationships, this can quickly get totally out of control. If the number of people you want to include is reasonable you may be able to create one by creating a number of charts with various groups then combine them by expanding the size of your "base" chart and copying and pasting the others into it.