bjcain

Unable to print any reports since changing to Windows 10.

After switching to Windows 10, I ended up having to get a new printer. Even with HP's help, we can't get it to print the reports for TMG. It will print everything else. Any suggestions?

There are a few specific known issues with some TMG report generations. More specific information is needed. What TMG reports are you trying to produce, using what output format, and are you creating the file and then printing it or sending it directly to printer?

I'm trying to print simple family group sheets, and I have the output set for Microsoft Word, however, I have the 2016 version and after posting the above, wondered if that was my problem. I have tried using both the print button at the top of the report and the Control "P" function on the keyboard, neither generates any activity.

BJ,

I'm confused. You said at the start that the issue was you installed a new printer, but now you say you aren't trying to print at all but send the report to Word. What do you see the printer having to do with output to Word?

In any case, Help says about use of Word 2013, which I assume also applies to later versions:

Note: If you are using Microsoft Word 2013, you should choose the Rich Text Format (RTF) file type to save the report rather than the Microsoft Word (DOC) file type. This tabular report is not compatible with the table structure used in Microsoft Word 2013.

Sorry that was confusing. What I did was go into preferences to see what was the default program. I assumed (my mistake) that the default report program chosen might have something to do with it. I do have a new printer that prints everything but files from TMG.

I did some more checking on this site and found someone else with printing problems. I downloaded the PDF function and now I can print my reports. Sorry I missed it last night, was pretty late and very tired when trying to figure out why I couldn't print. Hopefully this will solve the problem in the future as well. Thanks for the help, Terry, Michael and Virginia.

Missed that, but used the same drop down to download the PDF that made everything work. Will check on the printer setup as well. Thanks Virginia!\

Brenda

I too cannot print reports, Window 10, TMG 9.05. Not a new printer. I have another program from which only recently I cannot print, and they have identified a Window 10 update from last fall/early winter as the cause. Windows has been notified and apparently is working on the problem. Wondering if it could be the same problem here.