I haven't been on this forum in quite some time, and just today learned that TMG is being discontinued. I am surely sad to hear it, it is a great research resource, and I have been using it for many years. I do have a couple of questions. Is it still possible to purchase the lasted Version 9? Are other TMG users continuing with the program (which I would like to do), or are they transitioning to something else?

Morbius,

As far as I know, the last independent dealers have run out of software licenses, and so there are no licenses available for TMG v9.

There are a range of answers to your other question.

I am sticking with TMG v9. TMG will continue to run for a long time (I'm guessing 10 years minimum), and there are no other programs with the features that I want. I see no immediate need to switch nor any compelling reason to do so.

Other people are switching to RootsMagic, or Family Historian, or Legacy, or other choices. I will leave it to one or more of them to explain why.

A couple of more questions.

I see TMG v9 installers on this website, but not really sure what that means.

I also saw what I think are upgrades from previous versions (I have version 8.04, Gold Edition, which appears to be dated 2016), but I am not sure if they are usable upgrades (since there seems to be no way to get a users license) or if they are just a demonstrator model.

Like many others, I have been using TMG since the earliest versions, and have stuck with it for the same reasons - it is easier to modify for my needs. I have over 103,000 records, and a great many modifications, to everything from sentence structure to citation structure. Which brings up the question, of what do I do when I am forced to change to a different program. I know it isn't an unusual dilemma, and am wondering how others are dealing with it.

The TMG9 installers in the pinned topics are full TMG v9.05 installers. You can download and install the appropriate installer. There have been no update installers beginning with TMG7 and all TMG installers beginning with TMG v7.0 are full installers.

You need a TMG9 registration. See this topic on Terry's website for how to buy a registration (towards the bottom of the page)...

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/future.htm

FYI, I am happy to announce that I have version 9 installed and operating. So far no problems, and it didn't take near as long as I though it might.