Sign in to follow this  
kerriebr

TMG6.12 options

Firstly, I sincerely apologise that I'm way behind the times & looking to transfer my data in the best possible way... but where to?

I know I know I really should keep up with change & progress. I was looking at doing this years ago & had a crisis that prevented this from happening.

I have two main projects in TMG6.12 UK Gold.

One with about 6,000 names, the other about 55,000 names.

This runs on an old computer with Windows XP.

It is my understanding that I can run a backup in v6 & reinstall into a newer version on a different computer, without going through all the in between versions.

My newer computer runs Windows7, but I can upgrade to 10 if that is recommended.

Is my understanding correct that I can no longer purchase TMG9 to transfer my data?

If this is the case, what are my best options?

Many thanks in anticipation of your guidance.

Yes, you can Backup in TMG 6 and Restore in TMG 9 and ignore all the intermediate versions. See my article on Moving Data to New Computer or Version for some tips on how to make all the necessary steps.

At last report there were still a few serial numbers for TMG 9 available. I urge you to move quickly if that's what you want to do. See my article The Future for TMG Users for the address of the available reseller and links to the installers.

At last report there were still a few serial numbers for TMG 9 available. I urge you to move quickly if that's what you want to do. See my article The Future for TMG Users for the address of the available reseller and links to the installers.

Many thanks Terry, I've made contact with Harry.

Kerrie