Sign in to follow this  
Morbius

Crossword Puzzle As a Source

A little out of the box.

About fifty years ago, my uncle designed a crossword puzzle, containing information about a lot of family members. I have, probably the only remaining copies in existence. I want to include this puzzle as a source. I am thinking of using the "Research Report" as a template, but was wondering if anyone else has dealt with something similar - or has any ideas.

There are two original parts, both Xerox copies; one of the completed puzzle and one of the list of clues. I have converted both into pdf files, using MS PowerPoint; and have added an answer sheet, a completed puzzle, and an answer sheet explaining the family information and clues that make sense only if you are familiar with members of the family.

The uncle is still alive, and I have emailed him to ask him what he remembers. But in the meantime, I though I would ask if anyone had any ideas.

I find the Manuscript (unfilmed) Source Type very useful for such miscellaneous items. You can enter the creator as "Subject" explain the type of item in the "Record Type." It works even better if you add the <.> source element to the Full footnote template so you can provide a fuller description in the first footnote.

The manuscript idea hadn't occurred to me; I'll try it out. By the way, I use your tutorials and articles a lot. They are very helpful. Thanks