Judy M.

Exhibits in new Windows 10 computer

I've installed TMG 9.05 in my new Windows 10 laptop. When I view or print a Journal Report, some of the exhibits (.jpg photos) are huge, even in some cases becoming nearly a full page in size. I've defined the exhibits as being a maximum size of 1.5"x1.5", but that's just not happening. Am I going to have to resize all my photos? Is this a Windows 10 issue? I didn't have this problem on my Windows 8.1 laptop. I would be happy to provide further information that might help solve this problem. Thanks!

TMG v9.05 / Windows 10 build 14316

I just tested the Journal report option to resize exhibits with the report output in Word format and it worked perfectly for me.

Thank you for the resize-exhibits suggestion. Believe it or not, that was something I didn't know! One problem solved. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to be able to save Journal Reports as .pdf files. :-(

Some days, the PDF output works for me (as I described in the other topic), other days it doesn't. Today, I am getting the OLE error when I print to the Microsoft PDF driver.

You can always output to Word or RTF (as appropriate) and open the report in Word or LibreOffice and save as a PDF file from those applications.

LOL! That's not very reassuring. I would hate to have to save 26 files as word-processor files and convert them to .pdf files! (I have 13 separate family trees for my husband and myself.) I guess I would have to consider providing updates to relatives a lot less frequently.

I don't understand why when I try to "print" to the Microsoft PDF driver it actually prints the document! Might there be another setting that I'm not using?

On the report definition screen, click [Properties], click the 'Selected' radio button, and choose the Microsoft Print to PDF driver as the printer.

THAT'S what I was missing! I had selected that printer in Printer Setup (I need to do that too, right?) but not in Properties! Thanks very much!!