jerseyjoe67

"expired trial version" message during login

I purchased v8 back in April 2013. Used it repeatedly without problems. Last time I used it was last summer. Tried to access it this week to update some information and now I'm getting a message that I'm trying to access an expired trial version. No idea what to do. When I click 'Unlock the full version' and add my contact info and serial # I get a message that my registration is invalid. I now only have read-only access.

Any idea what I can do to get access restored?

Joe,

You have two issues. The request for entering the serial number is a "feature" of Windows 8 and 10 which removes the registration information regularly. The solution is illustrated in an article on my website.

The failure to unlock when you try to do so is another issue. The most common reason for this is entering a current email address rather than the one used when you obtained the serial number. You must enter the email address and name as it appeared when you obtained the serial number. Another reason is using a serial number from another version of TMG.

Thanks for the response! Yet another reason for me to love Windows. I suppose with Wholly Genes closed there's no place for me to go to confirm I'm using the correct serial number is there? Part of me is wondering if the # I'm using is from one of the earlier versions I'd purchased.

Hey, thanks for the responses, everyone! I was able to make contact with wholly genes and got my correct serial number. Then checked out Terry's wonderful website and followed instructions regarding repeated requests to unlock. So hopefully at this point I should be set.

Thanks again! This was wonderfully helpful.

Joe

Advanced issue found

On 4/21/2016 at 5:01 AM, Terry Reigel said:

Joe,

You have two issues. The request for entering the serial number is a "feature" of Windows 8 and 10 which removes the registration information regularly. The solution is illustrated in an article on my website.

The failure to unlock when you try to do so is another issue. The most common reason for this is entering a current email address rather than the one used when you obtained the serial number. You must enter the email address and name as it appeared when you obtained the serial number. Another reason is using a serial number from another version of TMG.

Hi Joe, I'm sure I'm entering in the right email. Is it the one we get updates sent to or the one we entered on payment? Either way I've tried both but still get an error.

Edited by DanTropic

Dan,

You need to enter the name and email address as they appear in the email you received that transmitted your serial number to you. That should be the same email address you entered when you paid for the serial number.